Standard Pacific Homes was founded in Orange County, California in 1961 by Ronald Foell and Arthur Svendsen, and in 1965, the company began constructing its first subdivision.
The focus was on building homes and communities primarily for families and soon their operations reached San Diego (1969), Northern California (1970), Texas (1978), and expanded to Arizona in 1998. The period between 1969 and 1997 is when the company constructed most of its homes in Orange County, Riverside, and San Diego.
Standard Pacific Homes worked and expanded its business mostly by acquiring already-established home builders in their areas of operation. By 1998, they had built more than 5,000 homes.
In 2015, the company was recognized as the 11th biggest homebuilding company in the United States and by then, they had constructed over 113,000 single- and multi-family homes. Currently, they have operations in some of the biggest housing markets in the United States, including California, Arizona, Florida, Colorado, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Texas.
2015 was an important year for Standard Pacific Homes as they announced a merger with Ryland Homes in June. The combining of these two industry leaders made them one of the topmost home building companies in the nation, and the company was rechristened CalAtlantic Homes.
The New Vision
Post the big merger, CalAtlantic Homes became the fourth largest homebuilder in the United States and a force to be reckoned with in the construction industry. These two big names came together to combine 100 years of experience in building new homes for various housing markets. The shared vision of Standard Pacific Homes and Ryland was to provide exceptional customer service and uniquely-designed homes marked by fantastic and quality construction.
The homes created by CalAtlantic range from entry level ones for first-time home buyers to luxurious residences, each structure featuring excellent craftsmanship and impressive architectural design. Carrying on the legacy of Standard Pacific Homes, the new company works to acquire and construct beautiful residential communities in different locations to meet the expectations of different customers.
CalAtlantic Homes will have operations in 17 different states from coast to coast, and cover 41 major housing markets. Their extensive experience and reliable reputation puts them in good stead in the construction industry and in the home building industry over all.
Why Standard Pacific Homes/CalAtlantic Homes
CalAtlantic Homes are known for their high-quality work and thoughtfully-designed housing communities, which put them ahead of the competition. There are certain advantages for customers buying homes from this company, and these include:
- Energy-efficiency: CalAtlantic Homes stresses on building energy-efficient dwellings and uses sustainable materials for construction, so that home owners can reduce their carbon footprint and energy bills without having to compromise on comfort or amenities. The well-planned neighborhoods factor in such aspects to meet the standards of energy efficiency. Most of the new CalAtlantic constructions are measured on the Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET) Index in keeping with the HouseWorks℠
- Excellent customer service: Standard Pacific Homes became highly respected for taking wonderful care of their customers, and this has been carried on to CalAtlantic Homes post the merger. The company is marked by its exceptional level of customer services and has a home warranty program for all home buyers. The warranty commitment includes coverage on plumbing,electrical, wall-to-wall coverage, ventilation system, heating and cooling, and major structural defects. The company also provides house maintenance tips for the convenience of customers.
- Design galleries: If customers buying a home from CalAtlantic are confused about the design elements to incorporate into their new home and are looking for creative inspiration, the company provides impressive photo collections of every room and the advice of design experts to help you with ideas. They even provide a design checklist to make things easier for new home buyers.
CalAtlantic Homes – Helping Customers throughout the Buying Process
In keeping with their emphasis on customer service, CalAtlantic Homes has an excellent support structure in place to help home buyers through every step of the process.
- Planning – Any house, whether it is your first or third, is a major investment that requires careful consideration and planning, which makes this stage a vital one. CalAtlantic Homes helps you do this with a budget estimation, neighborhood selection, floorplan choice, and finally making the purchase agreement with an experienced sales counselor.
- Personalizing – Your home is the place that speaks about your lifestyle and personality, so every customer wants a home designed according to individual choices. The company offers a range of services to help you make the right selections so that you can personalize your new home according to your and your family’s requirements.
- Financing – Most home buyers require financing for the big purchase, and CalAtlantic Homes guides you through the often-confusing process. With the help of experts, you can learn about your credit score, loan options, mortgage calculator, and a lot more in order to make an informed, ideal decision.
- Building – So you are almost there, and your new home is starting to take shape. However, this step entails selecting indoor and outdoor materials, finishes, landscaping ideas, and so on. The CalAtlantic constructionteam will help you make the best choices and create a customized home for you while also being compliant with the HouseWorks℠ program and maintaining high quality construction tendencies and habits―the signature of CalAtlantic Homes.
- Closing – You are now at the final step of owning and moving into your dream home. Consult with experts at CalAtlantic to get through the paperwork and finalize everything. But given the company’s approach towards customer service, you will continue to have a strong relationship even after moving in.