D.R. Horton (DHI)
National New Home Builder “America’s Builder”
D.R. Horton is a national new home builder with new homes and communities located throughout many of America’s popular construction areas in various states throughout the U.S. Their tagline “America’s Builder” is fitting, because they’ve been the largest home builder by closings for over a decade. According to Builder Online’s 2016 list of America’s top new home builders, they are still the nation’s largest home builder with more than 36,700 new home deliveries. This exceeds their closest competitor, Lennar Corp, by nearly 12,000 deliveries.
The History of D.R. Horton
D.R. Horton was founded over 35 years ago by Donald R. Horton with the goal of building affordable and livable new homes through efficient processes that yield high-quality residences. From their first community in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, D.R. Horton has grown from a local privately owned builder to become a publicly traded organization building more homes than any other builder in the United States; during this time, D.R. Horton has maintained their commitment to quality and affordability. They are traded under the ticker symbol DHI on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
D.R. Horton Today
Today, D.R. Horton builds new homes in Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Illinois, Minnesota, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Hawaii. In each state, they build in several communities and in many states several cities. They build a variety of homes for families of all sizes and all life stages. Their homes start from the $100s for families looking for an affordable family home and they also build homes for buyers seeking luxurious estate homes. In addition to home building, D.R. Horton offers mortgage and title services through DHI Mortgage and DHI title.
The D.R. Horton Family of Brands
Over the years, D.R. Horton has expanded it’s brand to include Emerald Homes, Express Homes, Regent Homes and Pacific Ridge Homes. Together, these brands offer buyers diversity in home styles and floor plans.
David V. Auld
President and Chief Executive Officer
David V. Auld has been the President and CEO of D.R. Horton since October 1st, 2014. Prior to assuming his current role within the organization, David served at several key executive positions within D.R. Horton.
D.R. Horton Corporate Address
301 Commerce Street Suite 500
Fort Worth, TX 76102
The images and information on this page were collected from the various online websites and from D.R. Horton’s official website. Although our team at New Homes Section attempts to keep all information about new home builder’s up-to-date and accurate, this information may change at anytime without notice. It is best to contact a sales representative of D.R. Horton before making a purchase decision. Additionally, you can visit their website to reference another source of information about their new homes for sale and new home communities.
D.R. Horton’s Home Warranty Information
D.R. Horton offers warranties on every home they build, but the home warranties they do offer are not the same in each state and for each home. Visit their home warranty section on www.drhorton.com to learn more about the warranties they offer in the state you are buying a home in.
D.R. Horton's Official Website
Quick Facts about D.R. Horton
- CEO – David V. Avuld
- Founded by Donald R. Horton
- Founded over 35 years ago in 1978
- Public Company Traded on the NYSE: DHIS&P 500
- CFO: Michael Murray
- CFO: Bill Wheat
- Divisions: Emerald Homes & Express Homes
- Corporate Offices: Fort Worth, Texas
- Tag line: America’s Builder
- Since 1978, D.R. Horton has Delivered Well Over 500,000 Homes
- DHI Title & DHI Mortgage are part of D.R. Horton
- The D.R. Horton Family includes several different brands
#1 in Builder 100 Annual Rankings*
- 2016 Revenue From Home Builder Operations: $10,938M
- 2016 Home Closings 36,736
- 2015 Revenue From Home Builder Operations: $8,657M
- 2015 Home Closings 30,455
- 2014 Revenue From Home Builder Operations: $6,655M
- 2014 Home Closings 25,161
- 2013 Revenue From Home Builder Operations: $4,722M
- 2013 Home Closings 19,954
- 2012 Revenue From Home Builder Operations: $3,768M
- 2012 Home Closings: 17,176
- 2011 N/A
- 2011 N/A
- 2010 Revenue From Home Builder Operations: $3,872M
- 2010 Home Closings: 18,164
- 2009 Revenue From Home Builder Operations: $5,822M
- 2009 Home Closings: 23,915
- 2008 Revenue From Home Builder Operations: $10,171M
- 2008 Home Closings: 37,717
- 2007 Revenue From Home Builder Operations: $15,016M
- 2007 home closings: 53,410
*The data displayed above is from Builder Online’s List of the 100 top home builders in the nation. The data looks at a previous year’s activity, so data above mentioning 2014, is what the builder did in 2013.